Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
Arriving at Buhoma Lodge you are welcomed “home” by friendly staff. The atmosphere on arrival is one of serenity, the area is thickly forested and feels like you are immersed into Bwindi almost immediately.
Waking up in the mornings you’re aware of the immense chattering of birds, the occasional screech of a monkey. Sometimes the mists have moved into the forest and it is all enveloping. Sounds echo making for an ethereal experience. Elevated lounge and bar area’s are cosy with an inviting fireplace for the evenings. All the main areas are open to allow full enjoyment of the views of the forest and birding from the decks.
This open plan allows you to feel completely part of the surroundings.
Buhoma Lodge has eight comfortable cottages which have been constructed from local materials. Each suite has a private veranda and large windows allowing for fantastic views of the forest canopy and Bwindi National Park. Inside the spacious cottages are very comfortable beds, well appointed en suite bathrooms and soft towels
The lodge has been designed and built using sustainable local materials. Solar power is used inside the cottages for lighting, the main lounge area has points for recharging videos and cameras.
Meals are freshly prepared from ingredients that are sourced locally and is an excellent balance of international and local cuisines. Drinks are available throughout the day on a self-service basis. Morning tea or coffee is brought to your cottage allowing you to enjoy the forest and its inhabitants as they wake up.
- Mountain gorilla tracking
- Forest walks in the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
- Bird-watching walks in the forest with local qualified guides
- Community walk through the local village (guided)
- Visit to the Bwindi Community Hospital – which forms part of the social responsibility programme
- Visit the Batwa Pygmy tribe and learn about their unique culture
- Visit the local orphanage and school, who benefit from direct contributions from guests in the area
- Curio shopping in the village
- Massages are available at the lodge
- We recommend a minimum of 2, ideally 3 nights to enjoy this region
Read our Country Information for expert advice on travel to Uganda.
Read more about Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
if you’re in the mood to treat yourself on your safari to Africa our expert advice is to have book at Kyaninga Lodge.