Grumeti Serengeti Tented Camp
Serengeti National Park
Grumeti Serengeti Tented Camp lies in the remote western reaches of the Serengeti National Park. Few other lodges are located in this area and we rarely saw other vehicles. This isolated venue gave us incredible game viewing experiences with the feeling of being the only people in the area.
The camp is rustic yet quite sophisticated with a warmth that makes you feel part of the family. The main guest areas included an open-fronted sitting and dining area with a welcoming bar, all decorated with glass pendants and small refined touches.
All ten of the tented suites feature shaded private decks that look out over the river. Big day beds made this the perfect place to relax in the afternoon before tea and the game drive. The tent interiors combined various hues and colors with natural stone and bone. A stone shower is open to the sun and stars.
Spacious decks were perfect for enjoying sun-downers overlooking the river and the rim-flow swimming pool provides a view of the hippo pools below. Meals were enjoyed in a variety of dining areas and the traditional fires,known as jikos, produced mouth-watering aromas before dinner.
On game drives from the camp you can expect to find large Lion prides and clans of Hyena. We saw large herds of plains game as well as black and white Colobus Monkeys, found nowhere else in the Serengeti.
Why we loved it here…
- Located on the rim of an oxbow lagoon of the Grumeti River – home to one of the most fording points of the Great Migration
- Offers seclusion in a remote location of Serengeti National Park
- It’s the only camp in the Serengeti that overlooks a lagoon brimming with Hippo
- Year-round destination with exceptional resident game including the Big 5
- Spacious yet intimate safari tents with decks overlooking the lagoon
Get involved with conservation efforts in the Serengeti with Conservation Serengeti.