Serengeti National Park
Sanctuary Kusini is the only permanent camp in this unspoiled and remote part of the Serengeti. Each year thousands of Wildebeest come together en mass on the camp’s doorstep.
Sanctuary Kusini’s location was specially selected by guides and local experts to the area. The camp has been idyllically located in a small woodland area that is surrounded by small boulder hills called “kopjes”. Game sightings are excellent year round. The open plains around the camp are ideal habitat for Cheetah and Wildebeest that congregate on the grassy plains in the calving season from mid-December to March.
Just twelve double tents have been built around the largest of the kopjes. Each suite is very spacious and is replete with en-suite facilities including an indoor shower. A large private deck with comfortable chairs extends in front of each tent, a great spot for armchair game viewing. The bush around the camp usually has Zebra, Buffalo and Lion making for exciting game sightings. The suites have mosquito netting, hairdryers and an in room safe. Guests also have a personal butler to look after their every need.
The dining area, lounge and library are in the main area, that has spectacular views from its wooden deck. Electricity supply is a combination of silent packed generator and battery system.
What we love about this camp…
- It’s really the only permanent camp in the quiet southern region of the Serengeti
- Directly on the path of the wildebeest migration
- Sun downers are served on a rocky outcrop that has the best in 360 degree views
- Guests are able to make a meaningful contribution to conservation by taking part in the Cheetah watch project with their own images
- Star gazing is the best we have seen in the Serengeti
- Wi-Fi available in the main area of the camp
Get involved with conservation efforts in the Serengeti with Conservation Serengeti.