Sanctuary Ngorongoro Crater Camp
Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Sanctuary Ngorongoro Crater Camp is situated on the valley’s edge of the Ngorongoro Crater within Tanzania’s Ngorongoro Conservation area and enjoys unique access to the crater floor and all her wildlife.
Standing at sixteen kilometres in diameter, the Ngorongoro Crater is the oldest and largest intact caldera in the world. Some anthropologists estimate that humans have inhabited this area for over three million years. Today this stunning landscape is home to an incredible diversity of wildlife. Over 25,000 animals call the crater their home making including the very rare Black Rhino.
The camp comprises just 10 classic safari tents. Each has en-suite bathrooms with indoor bucket showers, king-size beds, and everything that makes a Sanctuary tented camp an authentic safari experience.
All the tents also have hairdryers, mosquito nets and in-room safes. A small sitting area in front of each of the tents is a perfect spot for early morning coffee and biscuits before starting your morning game drive. Electricity supply is a combination of silent packed generator and battery system.
The camp can be booked for exclusive use. Children 6 years and older are welcome at Sanctuary Ngorongoro Crater Camp. Children aged 15 and younger are required to share with an adult. Triples available on request.
What we love about this camp…
- It’s located in the rim valley of Ngorongoro Crater.
- The camp is located very close to the crater floor access road allowing for quick and easy drives to the crater floor and all her wildlife
- The area is home to a large assortment of animals including Zebra, Buffalo, Warthog, Wildebeest, Hippo and
- An incredible population of predators – Lions, Rhino, Hyenas, Jackals, Cheetahs and the Leopard.
- Full day game drives in the crater.
- Cultural activities in nearby Masai manyatta’s (villages).
Read our Country Information for advice on travel to Tanzania. Read our blog on the Most Stylish Safari Lodges in Africa.
For safaris to Tsavo west explore Finch Hattons Tented Camp or splash out at The Highlands. Look for absolute luxury in the Okavango Delta? Then stay at Belmond Eagle Island Lodge or Belmond Khwai River Lodge.
The Ngorongoro Crater is a critical habitat for Lions, discover how the Ngorongoro Lion Conservation Project are working to protect their futures.